modern pentathlon.
my first golf class was really fun last night (i was actually surprised) but i'm already looking ahead.
how about this:
http://www.modern-pentathlon.com/
shooting - "Competitors fire 20 shots at 20 targets from a distance of 10 metres with a time limit of 40 seconds for each shot." solid.
swimming - "The swimming event is a free-style race over 200 m for men and women with athletes seeded in heats according to their personal best time." solid.
riding - "The riding event (equestrian show jumping) included in the modern pentathlon competition involves jumping over hurdles of a maximum height of 1.20m. The hurdles course has a length of 350 to 450m length, and includes 12 hurdles (15 jumps) with one double and one triple jump." solid.
running - "This event consists of a cross-country race conducted on an uneven terrain or on a public road and over a distance of 3 km (3,000 m) for both men and women." solid.
which leaves fencing! i'm lookin' for a class! SIGN ME UP!
3 comments:
Fencing? Did someone say, "Fencing."
Foil, Saber or Epee?
I love fencing.
Used to fence for several years in VA. Was involved again when I first arrived to Cola but work got in the way.
Side note: I fustrated the best member of the team in Cola (young USC Sophmore) by kicking his butt the first day I showed up and several years rusty. Failed to share with him I was trained by one of the best in Virginia.
Let me know what you find in NOVA.
I know one of the fencing instructors at the the Virginia Fencing Academy in Springfield. The school is the certainly the best in the area and the one of the largest in the country ... let me know if you're interested and you can chat him up.
Yeah, Paula - take up fencing! Way back when (high school days), I fenced with some girls who did modern pentathlons, and they all really loved the whole deal. I fully support this plan :)
-nevs
Post a Comment