21 August 2007

i saw a bald eagle today.

it flew right over the pool while mom and i were swimming. 2 big angry crows followed it, but didn't seem to be affecting its mood much.

1 comment:

St. Izzy said...

1) I've lost count now of the number of times I've seen sparrows & other small birds harassing hawks around here. I always root for the hawks.

2) The first time I ever saw a bald eagle up close and personal, we were at a state park in NC, driving slowly over the grave drive to our camp site. The big bird landed majestically right in front of the car, which I brought to an abrupt halt. The bird settled his wings and turned his head to stare over his shoulder at us, the very image of quiet dignity. He then spoiled the effect by hopping over to the side of the road. It took about three awkward, freakily backwards knee joint hops to clear the gravel. There's no way for that to look graceful.