I may get back to the missoula adventures at some point (sorry for dropping off for 7 weeks).
I arrived in LA yesterday. Without my luggage because the woman I checked in with left them "unattended" and they had to be x-rayed. which means: I didn't have to carry them to the shuttle stop, the rental place, into my hotel, or lift them at any point after 7 am Sunday! (they were very heavy, and have since arrived, in case you're wondering)
The rental car place didn't have my reservation right in the system. I had to call the reservation line while standing in front of someone who could have made my reservation right, had he a brain. But I still got my 4x Delta miles on my reservation. (that's 200 per day, if you're counting)
I went and looked at an apt tonight, and on the way, a man motioned for me to roll down my window and said my front wheel was sparking(!) I figured I'd take it in tomorrow, until I stalled out twice while trying to leave said apt. keep in mind, this is an automatic, not a stick. So I called, waited, rode in the tow truck back to LAX rental place, stood in line, slept in the waiting room chair, and finally got... a Hyundai Accent! You're wondering what the silver lining is, I'm sure. But ever since I got in that Chevy Aveo they gave me yesterday I was sure I would die. the steering wheel shook so bad when I went over 45 I could barely hang on! Yea for foreign cars! the little Hyundai does great on the freeway (and it was night time, so I got to take it over 60 on the freeway... not the daytime average of 15)
I went to burger king tonight, starving at 9 pm after I got my new rental, ordered a veggie burger, and what the hey, make it a combo. large? no, medium.
"Oh, I ordered a medium... not a large..."
"Yes ma'am, that's a medium."
"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"*big smile*"
"You're joking right?"
"No ma'am, this is a small" (holds up a medium-sized cup)
"Whoa. I need to come to burger king more often to keep up with this stuff."
"Yes, ma'am."
This cup, I swear is a 32 oz cup. In fact, I'm going to measure it.
Okay, my best estimate, using a 12 oz cup to fill it, is that this is, in fact, 32 oz.
Nowhere should 32 oz of high fructose corn syrup be considered "medium."
If you're drinking those on a regular basis, stop it, before you die. In fact, if you think that's normal, I dare you to cut your general portions in half and call me when you can see - nay, TOUCH! - your toes at the end of the year.
The silver lining of the cup story is... um... that I can tell people a great story about how BK thinks 32 oz of soda is medium, and people believe them.
2 comments:
hahaha, so i think wendy's went the other way with their frosty cups. i remember the "small" frosties being the same size as a small soda. i just got a small frosty a couple of weeks ago, and i swear that the cup was about the size of a dixie cup!
yikes about the car, glad you got a new foreign one :)
and what the heck are you doing in LA???
hey Paula B. You are Soo funny, I am glad that you have a car that is good to you and I hope that your apartment is going to be good to you too. I totally understand about the soda cups and I totally get what your other friend is saying about the Frosty's...lol. If you career doesn't work out for you or you feel like you need something else to do, you should take all your blogs and mash them into a book...It would be one of the best books I have ever read and even Ross might read it. You are hilarious. Well I guess I will see you this weekend.
Ciao...Amy
Post a Comment