07 June 2009
not about Missoula
I had no idea how much I would miss politics here... I've been running around the Washington Post site for a little bit and it really just hit me how big a part of my life the Hill and bills and politics and the political social structure had become. Also unexpectedly, I'm not dismayed by this fact in the least - if anything, I look forward to getting back to where nothing happens without strict, complicated, seemingly inane relationships, every day. :) If you ride the 11Y through Alexandria, say hi to that lady on her cell phone all the time, and be sure to talk a lot when you sit next to that old woman who hates bus-talking, and try to get that one guy to shut his computer for part of the ride :) hugs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ah! You just mentioned all of my favorite people.
1.) Lady who talks on the cell phone way too much : she was the only one that had to stand the other day, and you would have thought the world was going to end if she could not get a seat. However, because she had to stand, she did not make a phone call the entire time - until that is, she got a seat at the 3rd stop :-)
2.) Lady who does not like when you are talking while sitting next to her : She has been knitting up a storm. She still glares when people are talking, but perhaps she is learning to get over it :-)
3.) Man who will not close his computer : You know he is my favorite! But alas, he continues to do work...a lot of it in the morning. My guess is, he sends 17 emails every morning. He needs to be weaned off of that machine. Although we did talk the other day, when his computer shut off randomly and would not start up again. I told him that was a great way to start a Friday.
A new sign is appearing on the buses regarding "physical abuse" of on duty bus drivers. Apparently there are increased penalties for smacking one :-) Oh! And I was on a bus in DC yesterday and they have started installing plastic "doors" between the drivers and the fare machine. Awkward.
Can you tell how much I miss my bus friend???
Alexandria (and its residents) miss you too! Hope you're having fun out there!
I was thinking about how hard it'd be to ride the bus with you, Paula. You'd try to make friends with me at 8 in the morning and I'd just glare at Miss "I'm from the South where we make friends at all times of day"
by the way that was Yuliya
Wow, a new adventure, I can barely keep up with you. Is this for the summer, a year, ....... neato program.
I'm loving the 5 comments on the most boring thing I've posted yet :) and nothing on the ones I've worked so hard for... that's okay - you have 18 more weeks to appreciate my quality work... :)
last hug from Stevensville, off for a hearty meal before we drive to Idaho. :)
Post a Comment