01 June 2009

5/31/09


Has anyone else noticed that there’s no sales tax in Montana? Holy Smokes! Don’t tell anyone.

This weekend I found a yoga class to go to at the running store near my house. They started a couple weeks ago, but I’m hoping I can still join – Thursday evening at 6 pm… we’ll see if I ever make it home by then to get there!

I also went to the farmer’s market craft fair yesterday morning. It was a little bit later in the morning since I’d decided to take a slow morning after a late Friday evening potluck down at Lee Metcalf (more on that later), and apparently the later-morning crowd is a bit more “laid back” than the early morning crowd. I felt very out place because 1) I was wearing a bra, 2) my hair had been combed within the past 2 months or so, and 3) nothing on or attached to me was tie-dyed. I have absolutely nothing against tie-dye, dreads, or bra-less-ness, it’s just that it’s hard to come by all three of those in such abundance in the District, and we notice things we aren’t used to.

Last night I ate delicious pizza – hard to find outside of New Haven – but Biga’s Pizza on Main is amazing. I ate artichoke, red pepper, and olive pizza with the Selway-Bitterroot Foundation (SBF) director (RM from here out) and four of the five interns, the fifth being somewhere in Bozeman or something… then afterward we all hit the Palace for some foosball, pool (I’ve still got it!), and then Jessica Kilroy opened for the Devil Makes Three. Not the main subject of my post, but I liked them a lot and wouldn’t mind having some on my iPod.

Friday’s potluck – summary: SBF board members, employees, spouses, interns, me, and the largest vocabulary I’ve ever encountered in a 3-yr old child, all surprisingly near the Bitterroot range on the Lee Metcalf National Wildlife Refuge. See picture for details.

No comments: