Sighted: A pair of sandhill cranes at about 9 pm on my way back from Hamilton.
Today hiked a short way up Kootenai (coot-knee) Creek trail with the interns, et al. for the afternoon session perched on a rock outcrop way above the “creek,” in quotes because it was running like no creek I’ve ever seen. Gained a slight sunburn, and I’ve never gone through so many cycles of sunny heat and chill breezes as I did in 4 hours this afternoon. In the still sun, it felt like summer (real summer) and then a cloud would pass over the valley and kick up a swift breeze, dropping the temperature by what felt like 20 degrees… it’s true: it’s all about the layers.
Evening in Hamilton for the RAC meeting, run much like a SAC budget meeting at FES, if you’ve ever endured one (or three) of those :)
Can’t decide if I love or hate daylight til 10 pm. It’s nearly impossible for me to take getting ready for bed seriously when I can still see the valley’s sides out all the windows. At 10:45, I’m exhausted after getting up at quarter til 6, knowing I should have been in bed sooner, and yet unable to fight circadian rhythm, which, at 10 pm, had me feeling as if it were midnight and still too light out to sleep, simultaneously.
My books came via FedEx today and I realize that they are the one thing that makes me feel at home when I’m away from loved ones. Give me books; my hats are already hanging.
1 comment:
Caption: my bedroom at 9 pm.
Post a Comment