you're all saying... all 3 of my faithful readers... okay 2. anyway.
~ worked in the office, planted 2 purple plums and a swamp oak on blake street at whalley, and started my 5th book of the summer [snow falling on cedars] on thursday.
~ swam in the morning (thanks meg!), worked in the office, and had an impromptu community meeting that went swimmingly friday.
~ kayaked for 3 hours, almost did an eskimo roll even being 3 years out-of-practice, flirted with cute kayaking guide, worked in the office, bought paint at lowe's (thanks abby!), and sat around on the green listening to great live music saturday (thanks townies!)
~ went to mass, swam, enjoyed brunch at bella's (thanks ben!), walked around east rock learning trees (thanks kyle!), stopped at "tag" sale (as they are called here) for $4-worth of 25-cent books, sat around on the green listening to great live music (thanks again townies!), and bought over-priced smuckers at gourmet heaven tonight .
have i mentioned lately just how much i love my job!!! SO MUCH! it's the perfect job for an add outdoors woman who's obsessed with connecting people... perfect...
prayers for my friend Christy, and her father, who passed away last week.
and prayers for my great-aunt Jay, and her husband Howard who passed away Friday.
love to all :)
3 comments:
Well, I've been gone, too, so I wasn't wondering where you'd been...but I have a question about a lower post. They're selling the stores?
Everytime you disappear for a little while, I assume you are off having a great adventure you'll come back and tell us about!
I'm glad you love your job!
Outdoor job near Yale in the summer: much nicer conditions than an outdoor job "back home" in the Big Humidity.
Do wear your tick-repellent clothes -- lyme isn't just a bad spelling of a scurvy preventative.
Post a Comment