"i am a lone reed."
"...standing bravely... in the corrupt sands... of commerce."
thanks to dove, for being a lone reed.
"The body fat of models and actresses
portrayed in the media is at least 10%
less than that of healthy women.
(British Medical Association, 2000)"
-from Dove's Self-Esteem Fund materials
3 comments:
1. Yes, I watched Grey's Anatomy last Sunday. Great ending, with Meredith being at once heroine and damsel-in-distress.
2. I'm glad Dove is continuing their campaign to show what real women look like.
3. Having said that, I think that the beginning scene of Grey's Anatomy last week (my Izzy and I were both embarrassed--Izzy thinks the scene was to hold the male SuperBowl viewers) demonstrates why preteen and adolescent girls who don't look like Meredith, et al, think that they are inadequate.
Just something to think about...
absolutely. gratuitous and, i agree, intended as a holdover.
if only it were just preteen and adolescent girls, though. i hate the botox ads that read "wouldn't it be a great time for botox?" over the photo of a high school reunion invitation or a daughter's wedding preparation book... *nausea*
So I watched You've Got Mail on Monday night and immediately realized that this is what your post title was about. I don't know why it struck me right then. Anyway, I think:hope I was right in making the connection.
Anyway, have a joyful day ... just wanted to tell you I finally got it.
Post a Comment